We are glad to share with you the latest news on the scientific developments of the CITyFiED as well as future development of this research area. This Privacy Notice is a document addressing you as Data Subject, i.e the owner of your personal data. It explains which personal data we collect and how we use it.
This Privacy Statement regulates the processing of personal data by youris.com, with registered office in Belgium at 1190 FOREST, Drève du Pressoir 38, and registered in the CBE with number 0821.102.822, Tel+32 2 51 76 201; e-mail email@example.com, which acts as Data Controller.
Please read this document carefully, It contains essential information about the way your personal data are processed and about the cookies that are used.
Youris.com’s mission is to disseminate the results of scientific research projects to the general public. Youris.com is the communication, dissemination and exploitation partner in many scientific and cultural research consortia, mostly publicly (EU and National) funded, occasionally privately funded. In short, we help scientist and researcher to share with the general public the results of their work.
More specifically, youris.com is responsible for the communication and dissemination within the CITyFiED consortium. The personal data and the data treatment described below are managed by youris.com staff, who act according to high and proven professionalism in the communication strategy area and support the other consortium partners in the management of these data where required.
We do our utmost to respect your privacy and your rights to control your personal data. If you would like to know more or exercise your rights, please contact:
Mr. Mario Martinoli, youris.com Publisher and Director
A. Type of data and related treatment
1. Data voluntarily provided by the Subscriber
The explicit and voluntary provision of personal data by you is essential in order to have access to certain services offered by the Data Controller through the website (e.g. Newsletter Subscription) and to receive the requested update. This involves the collection of personal data and contact details, as well as any other personal data that are required to respond to requests or to provide the available services. youris.com doesn’t collet nor treat sensitive data. Once the project to which you have subscribed is terminated, your personal data might be included in similar databases that are used in other similar projects where youris.com carries out communication activities. They can also be used for generic communication activities in the content areas for which you have expressed your interest.
2. Navigation Data (Data deriving from User’s navigation)
During routine activities, the computer system may store some of your browsing data. These data, although not collected to be associated with your identity may indirectly allow your identification through processing and association with data held by the Data Controller. For this reason they could be considered “personal data” according to the Privacy Regulation. This category of data (which includes, by way of example but not limited to, IP addresses and domain names of the User’s computer) is collected by the Data Controller for statistical purposes in anonymous form, but by means of some data processing procedures it could be possible to trace the User identification in order to ascertain any liability for crimes committed via the Website or damages against it.
3. Navigation data processed with Google Analytics or similar applications
Our website are using Google Analytics, a simple, easy-to-use tool that helps website owners to measure how Users interact with website content. Google Analytics gives us the ability to track the visitor interactions by using first-party cookies that can record information about the time and the page a User has seen, for example the URL of the page, and “remember” what a User has done on previous pages or any interactions with the website.
Google Analytics tracks and traces the website visitors IP address to identify the visitors by providing their geographical location. Google Analytics does not collect any personal information about the website Users it reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
4. youris.com shall not use (and shall not allow any third party to use) this Service to record, collect or upload any data that identify an individual (such as for example name, email address, IP address, billing information) or other data that can be reasonably linked to such information by Google. You may decline cookies by deactivating them in your browser but this may prevent you from accessing certain or all features of this website.
B. What do we do with your personal data?
Your data are part of our general database that we utilize to organize dissemination, communication and networking activities related to the projects that we are working on.
We are using your personal data for the following treatments:
- To provide information and answers about our activities, research results and content from the projects we work on;
- To send newsletters and information on the activities carried out by the CITyFiED Consortium by means of traditional and web-based contact methods, i.e. phone calls made by an operator or automated phone calls and similar methods (e.g. fax, e-mail, text messages etc.).
- To carry out statistics and reports in anonymous form (to assess the download of the material provided, the number of times a website was accessed, the most visited pages, the average visit duration, the country of origin of Users etc.);
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes, such as communication activities in relation to other similar areas, projects or about other networking activities of the Data Controller.
We commit to ensure that Subscribers will always be free to opt-out and exercise their rights as regard the above treatments. Each communication has an opt-out link where you can inform us about your decisions.
C. Where do we store and protect your data?
The data processing related to the website’s services takes place at the Secretariat of youris.com located in Lodi (Italy) I-26900 via Volturno 15. The applicable law on the top of the EU GDPR 679/2016 is therefore the Italian Privacy Regulation, considering the effective and actual processing activity and the context in which the personal data are processed.
The data processing is performed by members of the youris.com staff who have been appointed and trained in maintaining security and confidentiality of personal data.
In addition to the data collection, the processing of your personal data may involve their recording, storage, modification, communication and cancellation. The data processing shall be carried out by authorized staff, with the use of electronic equipment. Storage of personal data shall be in electronic form for the time that is strictly necessary to meet the purposes and in accordance with local regulations and internal processes.
With regards to the personal information you provide, please note that all the necessary steps will be taken to ensure the confidentiality and security of shared data, in compliance with the provisions of the Privacy Regulation. In particular, we implemented all the technical, organizational, logistical and procedural security measures in line with technological developments pursuant to the Regulation, in order to guarantee the minimum level of data protection required by the legislation in force.
The data are stored in a database that is hosted by a hosting & cloud service provider, on which youris relies. The hosting and the related responsibilities are ruled by a specific contract. In this contract the above-mentioned Provider claims that the servers used to host and store the database are located in data centres within the European Union.
The services offered are in compliance with the relevant legislation on data protection thanks to the adoption of appropriate security measures.
D. Who is processing your data?
youris.com is the Data Controller. This means that the youris.com’smanagement has the accountability and the responsibility to set structure and procedures to treat and protect your data.
Appointed members of youris.com staff are responsible for the actual treatment of your data; concretely they will treat your data as described in the previous section
Other consortium’s members might occasionally operate as Data Processor.
E. Cookies Policy
Kali and KLT Session Cookies
F. Why do we process your personal data?
Over the years, we have created a community of people interested in being updated on the most recent scientific results, work and eventually discoveries in areas such as Bioeconomy, Smart cities, Energy efficiency, Industry, ICT, Health and cultural activities. We collect information about these people in a database. This database is continuously increased with the subscriptions to new projects or through dedicated networking actions that we carry out.
This community has been created by conveying in a unique database the contacts details voluntarily provided in the context of previous similar projects, personal data of professionals such as journalists or experts who have been interviewed, or lists of contacts that have been collected from third parties, like the consortia members as well as publicly available contacts details.
The Personal Data that you shared with us registering to the CITyFiED, or to one of our organization’s web-sites will be stored in this database of which youris.com is the Data Controller, while appointed members of its staff are the Data Processors. Occasionally, other consortium partners might act as data processor under the Data Controller supervision.
G. Which is the legal ground on which we operate?
The Data Controller has the Legitimate Interest to treat your personal data as per art. 6 (f) GDPR 179/2016. Our detailed rationale for claiming legitimate interest is based on a Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA), periodically reviewed.
We believe that it is a mutual benefit to remain in contact, as you will receive from us exclusively communications as detailed in the previous paragraphs, and we are counting to hear from you back on the specific topics through our social activity for a mutual growth.
H. How long will we retain and process your data?
Your data will be processed for the whole duration of the project that you subscribed to or of other similar projects that we proposed to you. You will always have the possibility to opt-out from the projects if you are not interested in.
Once a specific project is over, and starting from the last communication that you receive from us, we will keep your data form a further period of 2 years. If in this period of time you don’t receive any further updating, we will get in contact with you to verify you are still interested in being part of the community, and in case extend the retention period for 2 additional years. If after the 2 additional years, youris.com hasn’t done any communication activity related to your area of interest your data will be deleted.
I. Data transfer
youris.com processes do not require any transfer of data to external third parties with the sole exception of auditing authorities of the public or private institutions that funded the research projects.
Following the above described processes and treatments, your personal data can be communicated to the Data Controller’s staff.
Furthermore, and in so far as necessary, Personal data shall be disclosed, in so far as they are concerned, to CITyFiED Consortium, and Consortium Contractors including but not limited to the following categories:
- Organizations that are part of the CITyFiED Consortium;
- Persons in charge of managing the website and the related activities;
- Persons who provide services for the management of the information system of the company;
- Persons carrying out monitoring, auditing and certification activities with regard to the business in which organizations are in, even in the customers’ interest;
The personal data you provide will not be sold to or shared with third parties.
We will only then share your personal data if necessary and only with vendors or agents who work on our behalf for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. In that case, your personal data is therefore shared with these agents, but only for the performance of services on behalf of and on behalf of youris.com.
Finally, and only to the extent that this is required by law or strictly necessary for the performance of the services or for the protection of our rights, or the rights of third parties or data subjects affiliated with us, we will provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies, research organizations, affiliated companies or in court proceedings.
F. How to exercise your rights
In order to allow you to exercise the rights, youris.com implemented internal procedures described hereby. You might call directly:
the youris.com Secretariat contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
the youris.com CITyFiED Manager: email@example.com
you might send an e-mail to: Data.firstname.lastname@example.org
Below we report an exhaustive list of your rights:
- Right to be informed: about our purposes for processing the personal data, retention periods for that personal data, and whom it will be shared with.
- Right of access: to access personal data
- Right to rectification: Under Article 16 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- Right to erasure: Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’.
- Right to restrict processing: Article 18 of the GDPR gives individuals the right to restrict the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances. This means that an individual can limit the way an organisation uses their data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of their data.
- Right of data portability: gives individuals the right to receive personal data they have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives them the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller.
- Right to object: Article 21 of the GDPR gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data. This effectively allows individuals to ask to stop processing their personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
- Right to report a misconduct to the Italian Privacy authority.
You can file an official complaint with the Data Protection Authority: www.garantedellaprivacy.it ( https://www.garanteprivacy.it/en/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/1089924)
G. Changes to Privacy Notice
If necessary, we may amend or update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes on the website and feedback from our users. If there are material changes to the way we use or process your personal data, we will notify you by posting a notice of the changes before they come into effect or by sending you a notification directly. We encourage you to re-read this statement regularly for more information on how we use and protect your information.