A few examples of these sources - also called low-exergy sources – are geothermal springs, solar collectors, heat pumps or waste heat derived from secondary or tertiary processes of industrial or power plants, which is the case utilised in Turkish demonstration site of CITyFiED project. These low-quality energy sources are not feasible for power generation, but their temperature levels are within the perfect range for radiant heating systems in buildings.
Low-temperature district heating (LTDH) panels are implemented on the interior walls of a selected set of buildings of demo site and their effectiveness on thermal comfort will be monitored. This study will present helpful tool to decision-makers for designing the future’s healthy and comfortable homes.
Download the Infopack on CITyFiED methodology for LTDH systems for residential buildings
FURTHER LITERATURE & IN-DEPTH DOCUMENTATION
- Duman, Ö., Koca, A., Acet, R. C., Çetin M. G., Gemici, Z., A study on optimum insulation thickness in walls and energy savings based on degree day approach for three different demosites in Europe, CISBAT 2015 - September 9-11, 2015 - Lausanne, Switzerland
- Koca, A., Çetin, G., Experimental investigation on the heat transfer coefficients of radiant heating systems: Wall, ceiling and wall-ceiling integration, Energy and Buildings, Volume 148, 1 August 2017, Pages 311-326
- Gemici, Z., Experimental examination of thermal comfort performance of a radiant wall panel system: comparison between different heating wall configurations, J. of Thermal Science and Technology, Vol. 37, No. 1, 2017.
- Acikgoz, O., Cebi, A., Dalkilic, A. S., Koca, A., Cetin, G., Gemici, Z., Wongwises, S., A Novel ANN-Based Approach to Estimate Heat Transfer Coefficients in Radiant Wall Heating Systems, Energy and Buildings, Volume: 144 Pages: 401-415, 2017.
- Koca, A., Gemici, Z., Topacoglu, Y., Cetin, G., Acet, R. C., Kanbur, B. B., Experimental investigation of heat transfer coefficients between hydronic radiant heated wall and room, Energy and Buildings 82 (2014) 211–221
- Uluarslan D., Gemici Z., Teke İ., Currency of district cooling systems and alternative energy sources, Energy Education Science And Technology Part A - Energy Science And Research 23(1-2), 2009, 31-53
- Koca, Z. Gemici, K. Bedir, Thermal comfort analysis of novel low exergy radiant heating cooling system and energy saving potential comparing to conventional systems, Book Chapter, Progress in exergy, energy and environment, (Springer’s Book) March 2014
- Kanbur, B., Atayılmaz, S., Koca, A., Gemici, Z., Teke, İ., A study on the optimum insulation thickness and energy savings of a radiant heating panel mounted wall for various parameters, CLIMAMED VII. Mediterranean Congress of Climatization, Istanbul, 3-4 October, 2013
- Koca, A. , Gemici, Z., Dogu M. Thermal performance analysis and comfort analysis of novel low exergy radiant heating cooling panels. 10th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies, 4-7 September, 2011, Istanbul, Turkey
- Koca, Z. Gemici, Thermal comfort analysis of radiant heating cooling systems, 11th national sanitary engineering congress, April 2013, Turkey.
- Kanbur, A. Koca, Z. Gemici, Heat transfer rate comparision of different radiant heating & cooling configurations, 11th national sanitary engineering congress, April 2013, Turkey.
RELATED CITyFiED ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS
KNOWLEDGE ANGELS / POINTS OF CONTACT