Soma is a town and district of Manisa Province in the Aegean region of Turkey, its electricity is produced by the SOMA power plant using local lignite and the same lignite is used for residential heating. The demo area includes 82 buildings in total and 33 three storey, 32 two storey buildings, 8 duplex and 6 one storey residential buildings. Moreover, the demo site area includes lodging for single people, a kindergarten, a guest home and a convention centre.
Download the Infopack on Soma demonstration site
FURTHER LITERATURE & IN-DEPTH DOCUMENTATION
- Sözer Hatice, Kükrer Ergin (2018). Evaluation of Sustainable Design Strategies Based on Defined Indexes at a District Level. Journal of Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems, 6(4), 609-630., Doi: 10.13044/j.sdewes.d6.0208
- Sözer Hatice, Takmaz Doruk (2017). Calculation of the Sensitivity factors within the Defined Indexes in a Building Level. Journal of Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment System, DOI: https://doi.org/10.13044/j.sdewes.d7.026
- Sözer Hatice, Kükrer Ergin, Simitli Utku, Chapter: Identification And Evaluation Of Applicable Technologies’ Energy Scenarios Of A Big Scale Building (2017), Book: MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACHES TO SUSTAINABILITY, IJOPEC Publication Limited, Editors: S. Sinan Keskin, Müge Leyla, Yıldız Refika Bakoglu, V: 1, p 24, ISBN:978-1-912505-21-6
- Sözer Hatice (2010). Improving energy efficiency through the design of the building envelope. Building and Environment, 45(12), 2581-2593., Doi: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2010.05.004
- SÖZER HATICE, Elnimeiri Mahjoub (2007). Critical Factors in Reducing the Cost of Building Integrated Photovoltaic BIPV Systems. Architectural Science Review, 50(2), 115-121., Doi: 10.3763/asre.2007.5017
- Sözer Hatice, Sözen Hüseyin (2019). Evaluating The Capacity Of A Building’s Waste And The Potential For Savings Using The Life Cycle Assessment Methodology, WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, Vol 231, 2019 WIT Press, pp 159-170 doi:10.2495/WM180151
- Yildiran, R., Atas, S., and Kahraman, M. (2016). Design and performance analysis of a district heating system Utilizing Waste Heat of a Thermal Power Plant. Journal of Thermal Engineering, 2(5), 940-954.
- Kaarup Olsen, P., Holm Christiansen, C., Hofmeister, M., Svendsen, S., Thorsen, J. E., and Gudmundsson, O. (2014). Guidelines for low-temperature district heating. EUDP 2010-II: Full-Scale Demonstration of Low-Temperature District Heating in Existing Buildings, 1-43.
- Olsen, P. K., Lambertsen, H., Hummelshøj, R., Bøhm, B., Christiansen, C. H., Svendsen, S., Larsen C.T. and Worm, J. (2008). A new low-temperature district heating system for low-energy buildings. In The 11th International Symposium on district heating and cooling (Vol. 31), Reykjavik, ICELAND.
- Shin, M. S., Kim, H. S., Jang, D. S., Lee, S. N., Lee, Y. S., and Yoon, H. G. (2004). Numerical and experimental study on the design of a stratified thermal storage system. Applied thermal engineering, 24(1), 17-27.
- Sözer Hatice, Duru Didem (2016). Representing The Improvement Of Bim Execution Through The Building Design Process Base On A Case Study. International Center of Sustainability (ICS), Extended Abstracts, First Edition, IJOPEC Publication No: 30 ISBN: 978-0-9932118-0-5
- Ünal A., Doğu M., Gemici Z., Bekem A., Baydar D.G., "A Novel Lifetime Prediction Method For Reinforced Thermoplastic Pipes Under Internal Pressure", 16th International Conference on Composite Structures - ICCS 16, PORTO, PORTUGAL
LOW TEMPERATURE DISTRICT HEATING
- Koca, A., Çetin, G., Experimental investigation on the heat transfer coefficients of radiant heating systems: Wall, ceiling and wall-ceiling integration, Energy and Buildings, Volume 148, 1 August 2017, Pages 311-326
- Gemici, Z., Experimental examination of thermal comfort performance of a radiant wall panel system: comparison between different heating wall configurations, J. of Thermal Science and Technology, Vol. 37, No. 1, 2017.
RELATED CITyFiED ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS
- Sözer Hatice, Çaglayan Sahin, Demir Caner, Koca Aliihsan, Kahraman Murat (2016). Application of a novel sustainability assessment procedure for smart cities in Soma district Turkey, CESB16
- Sözer Hatice, Kirant Hale Tugçin (2018). Comparison of the Central Waste District Heating System with Conventional Heating Systems Based on Their Overall Energy Efficiency. Energy Systems Conference 2018
- Duman, Ö., Koca, A., Acet, R. C., Çetin M. G., Gemici, Z., A study on optimum insulation thickness in walls and energy savings based on degree day approach for three different demosites in Europe, CISBAT 2015 - September 9-11, 2015 - Lausanne, Switzerland
KNOWLEDGE ANGELS / POINTS OF CONTACT